Monday 22 February 2010

Folk Village day


Just come back from a meat ball, rice, and fried chicken (mostly bones) lunch, so I thought I'd write on here about yesterday.

Went to a Korean folk village first (which you can find at this website: http://www.koreanfolk.co.kr/folk/english/index.htm) and it was completely different to what I expected. I thought it would be a small, dusty village with hut-type building's and we'd have to participate in drumming or clapping or something. It turns out that it was a proper tourist spot where there was all kinds of traditional Korean structures and traditions that we were shown by a microphoned up tour guide. We saw most of the place, but it was bigger than it looked and we had a time limit so we trekked back to the bus. But not before we had the best meal I've had over here so far! We were in the folk village restaurant where they had beef strips and vegetables with a kind of sauce boiling at the table we were at. Needless to say, it was amazing. By the way, on the picture is me, on the left; Denis, in the centre; and John, on the right at the village outside one of the buildings they have there.

There are other photos on my facebook page if you want to see those. (@Mum and Dad - Ask Ryan to show you my facebook page if you want to see them and I'll also send you some later).

Had SPAM for breakfast today, which was weird but, naturally, I filled half my plate with it.

OK, I'm off to find a bar that has a pool table.

안녕히계세요!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know what SPAM gives you Lee...

leewhat said...

good material for a broadway show?

Unknown said...

Glad it's going well are those two Matt and my replacements?

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India