Tuesday 13 April 2010

Lotteworld!

OK, so, I walk to the subway station at some ungodly hour (7am I think - cue the gasps) and board the train to Bupyeong so I can change there and head to Seoul for LOTTEWORLD (:D :D :D!). I board the train and it doesn't seem too busy. However, the closer I got to Seoul the more people piled on. And I mean piled on lol.. I managed to find some of my school's students waiting at Bupyeong for the transfer to Seoul and, after a couple of stations down, we got closer than I cared us to be - sardine style. It was interesting though :P

Anyway, so after the mission to Seoul, I turn up and there are thousands (4000 apparently) students on school trips. But I had no issue finding my school luckily as they seemed to be the loudest there lol.. This is underground entrance to Lotteworld! I think I was more excited than some of the students :P :



I went round the park with a group of third grade lads, who were pretty decent at English when it came down to it, and I had an awesome time. So much in fact that when I was having lunch with the rest of the teachers I was just itching to get back to touring the place lol.. here are some pictures of me at the park :) :



This is me with one of the students I hung out with all day. He was all jokey with his English at first, but then actually busted out some conversation later on which goes to prove that it is mainly due to lack of confidence that Koreans tend to not want to use the English that they clearly know.



This is me at "Atlantis"! We queued up the longest for this ride (50 minutes) and it was awesome! They were small carts rather than long trains so it felt like you were going faster than you were. Great fun. The guy in the previous picture wanted to sit next to me but I knew he didn't want to sit at the front, so naturally I parked myself straight in the front seat so he had no choice lol. He was petrified ;) For some reason Koreans tend not to really want to sit at the scariest part of the roller coaster - the front seats. Whereas, certainly in the UK, there are separate queues to sit at the front of the coaster :S I would say that the rides are tamer here, but, after that T-Express at Everland, I would be very wrong :P



This is me at the end of the day all tired chilling out with some more of the students.

Also, Lotteworld has two kind of 'flag ship' thrill rides that everyone seems to rave about. These are 'gyrodrop' and 'gyroswing' - no marks for guessing which is which:





They were awesome btw, but not really anything that I hadn't experienced before. Still felt like an eight year-old at Christmas after I had been on them though ;)

Anyway, I don't think I'll be getting a WEDNESDAY as good as that for a long time :P

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol, sounds like a great day out. Would I be right to suggest that you are the 'cool' teacher with the kids? Or perhaps just the novelty english teacher? ^^

I hope you got a keyring, lol.

leewhat said...

I'd like to think the first one, but it's probably just a matter of 'lets play with the foreigner!' lol ;) nah, most of em can't wait to talk English with me; it's great fun :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India