Friday 19 February 2010

Here!

My first blog from South Korea!

Turned up at the airport, about as sheepish as it's possible for a human to be, but started shaking hands and chatting to some people and after an hour bus ride to Eulgi University got to know some of them pretty well :)

About 20 minutes after turning up at the Uni, I'd already had my first taste of Korean food - and, even for me, it's pretty spicy. Kimchi - a kind of 'spicy cabbage' - I can see myself getting used to. As it's as common as having chips with your meal back home, I'll certainly be having my share of it over the next 12 months.

Also, went to a few local bars with a ton of EPIK (English Program in Korea) teachers just like me last night and had an awesome time. The local beer 'Cass' (I think) is quite easy to drink and had a shot of Soju (the national drink), which tasted a lot like vodka but not nearly as strong. Everyone is really friendly, so I don't think it'll be a problem getting to know some people who'll be teaching near me, e.g. the Canadian guy I met last night :P

Anyway, I've got to go uncover the mysteries of breakfast now, so I'll keep you updated on how I manage that :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India