Monday 8 March 2010

Teacher time

OK. So, I had my first teaching experience today. I taught 5 classes using my prepared presentation and minor teaching plan of getting the students to prepare name tags and then practice introduction based conversations with each other using some of the sentences I had already talked about in the powerpoint. It worked half the time, with the other half taking little interest for a couple of reasons:
1) They were either too low level to understand most of what I was saying as I found out that some couldn't even write their name in English characters.
2) they were too high level to be bothered with my 'let's write name tags and have a chat' lesson plan.

But I didn't really expect much from my first day teaching and I was surprised I got that far. Anyway, I'm revising my lesson plan for tomorrow to include some kind of game that might involve achieving something ;)

Seriously though, I enjoyed myself a lot teaching today and the vast majority of the students were pretty keen. Some girl even come by my office and gave me a soya milk! Not that I look forward to drinking it, but it was a nice gesture :) Maybe soya milk is the Korean version of 'giving a teacher an apple'...? I doubt it. It's probably more likely that she hates it and couldn't wait to offload it to the first sap she bumped into.

Anyway, I'm babbling, so I'm off to watch a movie before I go to bed as I now have ridiculous Korean internet in my possession!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India