Tuesday 9 March 2010

Taxi for Lee

My Nan always tells me to get a taxi back from wherever I've gone as a few quid in taxi fare doesn't matter compared to me getting mugged or happy slapped. And, of course, she is right. This advice is doubly relevant in South Korea because, most of the time, I have no idea where I'm going. Also, the taxi drivers over here are amazing because they are the king's of multi-tasking... I mean, the taxi driver tonight managed to keep his eye on the GPS WHILE watching the news and weather on his portable TV (which most people have in their cars over here) WHILE glancing at the address on the bit of paper I gave him and all WHILE driving his taxi on the crazy Korean roads in the pissing rain and snow/slush. He had definitely had some skills to be jealous of.

So, Nan, you know I'm in safe hands over here :)

p.s. he drove past my apartment twice as he couldn't understand 'stop' in English.

p.p.s. Tip: 'yogi' is 'here' in Korean, so shout it a couple of times when your near your destination.

p.p.p.s. pointing never helps.

===================================================================

My revised lesson plan seemed to work OK today and when I have the chance I'll post on here what I have been working on for my 'introduction' lessons (powerpoint presentation etc).

3 comments:

millerra88 said...

Looks like your well looked after dude! Beware the taxi drivers with one eye tho, i dnt believe their multi tasking would be as efficient! :oD

Live-D said...

got a new toilet seat yet kitty? :D

leewhat said...

yeah i do actually :) haven't attached it to the toilet yet but i'll try tonight i rekon.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India