Friday 14 May 2010

World DJ Festival

Starting off with an apology because I haven't written a blog in a while :( I'm sorry if you've been sitting at your computer hitting the refresh button on this blog page for days, just put a plaster on those blisters cos blood is hard to scrub off a keyboard :/

Anyway, I went to the 'World DJ Festival' on the weekend in Seoul - they say 'world' because they had the odd bloke from Europe or Japan there - and it was hectic! It kicked off at 4pm or something and didn't finish until 6am (we left at 3ish). So, I turned up with a bag of booze in blistering heat and as we wandered up to the entrance they had the Men in Black on security checkin everyone's bags for booze and things that looked like they could contain drugs or whatever. Funny thing is they took my water bottle off of me and my So-J (Soju + Orange juice (lethal..)) but didn't even bother to check my bag! So, I was like 'oh yeah! Got some Cass (Korean beer) on the go!' but then when I whipped it out victoriously later in the night I realised that I had bought 'Cass light'... what a mug. Definitely was not worth the hassle. It was like opening a Christmas present shaped like a PS3 and opening it to find a Wii staring you in the face.. let down :P

Wasn't too fussed though because they had a 'Vinyl' stand at the festival, which is probably the best idea for an alcohol vendor anyone has ever had. I'm not sure if I've said this before but 'Vinyl' is a street cocktail bar in Hongdae that sells 'baggy' drinks which are basically like one of those IV sacks that you see in hospitals full of blood or whatever but the ones from Vinyl, if your me anyway, are usually full of Vodka lime ;) You can wander the streets, or festival, with an IV bag full of a cocktail sipping it with a straw... it's gonna be even tastier in the summer :P (I bet that would work with pimms too... maybe chuck some fruit in... sounds like a plan :O)

So, the festival itself was badass. Had some sick DJs playing stuff from Trance to DnB to Dubstep, but the highlight of the day was definitely 'The Moonshiners' (see em here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlGHTvj7bxg), a Korean rockabilly band that were soooo awesome. I can't wait to hunt em down and see em in a gig ASAP :D

Other than that there's not much more really to say about the festival really. There was music, booze, people, Dr. Martin transfer tattoos.. generally an awesome time :)

1 comments:

Live-D said...

Gave this a re-read today, we went to the food festival on the weekend and they had an official Pimm's stand. Oh well, maybe next year :[

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India